- Feeding - feed with a liquid fertiliser about once a month in spring and summer.
- Most light conditions - An ideal option if you don’t have bright rooms. Cope with very little light, though not total darkness.
- Light watering - Doesn’t need a lot of water, particularly in winter. You can let it dry out completely between drinks.
- Keep this plant looking it's shiny best by giving its leaves a gentle wipe with a soft cloth every now and again. Not often; just when looking dusty.
- height 40 cm pot 17cm Dia
The ZZ plant, or zamioculcas, is native to Central Africa. but has spread across much of the eastern side of the continent too. It’s used to extremes of weather, surviving long periods of drought and then intense downpours. The ways it’s adapted to those conditions are the reason it’s such an excellent, easygoing houseplant. It can store water and nutrients for a long time, meaning you don’t need to give it a drink very often. When you do water it, make sure to let all the excess run out of the bottom of the pot, so as not to waterlog it. It will cope with neglect - the odd missed watering; minimal light - a lot better than most plants. If you like a plant that’s easygoing and sculptural, look no further. Give it an extra growth boost by feeding it with liquid fertiliser once per month in spring and summer.